Course Title: Everyday Solutions in Aesthetic Dentistry
AGD Code: #780 Type: Lecture CDE Hours: 3
The restorative dentist and team are faced with decisions on how to restore in the Esthetic Zone. A multitude of clinical cases will be presented to illustrate many aspects of Esthetic Dentistry with natural teeth and implants. This aims to be a fast-paced presentation which the entire dental team is invited to attend.
- Two concepts will be presented which you and your team can apply in any situation for esthetic success. How to co-treat with your patients and have them take ownership over their esthetic outcome.
- Ideal proportion and how to make illusions in non-ideal situations.
- To provide the clinician and team with a predictable approach for long term success in esthetics. Practical tips on nuts
and bolts such as pre-visualizing results before treatment starts, with efficient and effective digital provisionalization efficiencies and soft tissue shaping.
- A systematic approach to treatment planning which they don’t teach in dental school.
- Tips on how the dental team works together to provide dental esthetic treatment
- What research tells us about effective case presentations and how to be profitable.
Dr. John Weierbach is a graduate of Bucknell University and the University Of Pennsylvania School Of Dental Medicine, where he earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree and General Practice Residency Certificate. His Prosthodontic Specialty Certificate was awarded by Temple University Dental School. He also is an associate clinical professor at the University of Pennsylvania School Of Dental Medicine. Dr. Weierbach has practiced more than 30 years in clinical dentistry in Lancaster County and is a current member of the Lancaster County Dental Society where he served as the organization’s 2009 President. Dr. Weierbach is an active member of the American Dental Association, Pennsylvania Dental Association, and American College of Prosthodontics, Academy of Osseointegration and American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Dr. Weierbach also leads a local Spear Study Club, dentistry’s leading provider of continuing education for clinical expertise. Dr. Weierbach recently was feature on the Cover of Lancaster County Magazine for his exceptional contribution to restoring confidence and quality through smile design highlighting the journey of several patients.
Course Title: The Key to a Great Patient Experience is a Great Provider Experience
AGD Code: #550 Type: Lecture CDE Hours: 1
In today’s practice environment, where 84% of dentists report symptoms of burnout, the concepts of “patient experience” and “patient satisfaction” have never been more important nor more difficult to achieve. In this entertaining and thoughtful presentation, Dr. Baker will show how to approach the practice of dentistry with a new mindset that will enable dentists to both give a great experience and have a great experience.
- Attendees will learn why the patient encounter is a performance.
- They will understand how a performer’s mindset enables the dentist to connect personally and emotionally with the patient despite stressful external pressures.
- They will learn 4 basic performance techniques that will enhance connection and communication with patients and staff.
- Dentists will learn specific actions they and their staffs can take in their offices and clinics to optimize the patient experience.
- Enjoy the magic and ventriloquism woven into the presentation
Robert Baker, MD is the author of The Performance of Medicine: Techniques From the Stage to Optimize
the Patient Experience and Restore the Joy of Practicing Medicine. He practiced internal medicine and gastroenterology for 35 years on Long Island. Dr. Baker has a special interest in the provider-patient relationship and was a Physician Master Facilitator for the Culture of CARE program of Northwell Health, one of the largest health systems in the country. In that capacity he helped train Northwell’s healthcare providers to derive greater enjoyment and satisfaction from their work while enhancing the patient experience. Dr. Baker is a graduate of Princeton University and the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He trained in internal medicine at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center and did his G.I. fellowship at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston. He is also a professional magician and ventriloquist who has appeared on America’s Got Talent. He didn’t win.
Course Title: Open Wide: Oral Manifestations of Systemic Disease
AGD Code: # 730 Type: Lecture CDE Hours: 2
The mouth is the mirror to the body. In this lecture, explore the oral manifestations of systemic diseases. Learn how to identify signs of common bodily conditions, understand the connection between oral and systemic health, and implement an interdisciplinary approach to treating patients.
- Explore the connection between oral and systemic health
- Understand the telltale oral signs of common systemic diseases
- Develop a streamlined method of conducting a head and neck examination
Dr. Roopali Kulkarni, DMD, MPH is board-certified oral medicine specialist. She is an Assistant Professor of Oral Medicine and the Assistant Director of the oral medicine residency program at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. She graduated with honors from Penn Dental with both her Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) and Master of Public Health degrees (M.P.H.). She completed her postgraduate training in Oral Medicine at Penn Dental, serving as Chief Resident her second year. Dr. Kulkarni currently treats patients within the University of Pennsylvania Health System and conducts scholarly activity in both oral medicine and public health. She teaches predoctoral and postdoctoral students clinically and didactically and was the 2022 recipient of the Earle Bank Hoyt award for dedication and excellence in teaching. In addition to her faculty responsibilities, Dr. Kulkarni has maintained active involvement in organized dentistry. She currently serves as a national media spokesperson for the ADA, on the ADA advisory Committee on Annual Meetings, PDA New Dentist Committee, PDA Membership Committee, Philadelphia County Dental Society board, and on multiple committees in ADEA and the American Academy of Oral Medicine. She was a 2023 inaugural recipient of the PDA “10 Under 10” Award. Her passions lie in wellness, community service, advocacy, travel, and music!